It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-08-24

Someone moved a dead cat

Yup. on my walk yesterday, I noticed a dead black cat. It was in front of a building that is now a church. The area is maintained by some kind of yard crew.

When I went by today, I noticed the dead cat is one block to the west in the grass nearly blocking my path.

What gets me, is why didn't they just pick it up with a plastic bag and throw it in a dumpster like a normal person? What the heck happened there? Did the following conversation take place?

"Oh, let's pick that dead cat up and take it a block away and just toss it in the grass."

"Ya, man. We wouldn't want to just toss it in that dumpster 30 feet away. that wouldn't make any seance at all."

I would have kicked it out of my way, but I'm in sneakers today because I'm warring shorts. The next time I'm in boots I will probably do so. That of find a stick and do it. The idea of having dead cat on my person is repulsive.

A couple years ago, dead opossum was just off to the side of my path. For several months, I watched it decompose. I named him Fritz. "They killed Fritz! Little blue bastards! pew pew!!" 10 geek points if you can name that movie. Something made off with poor Fritz's head at some point. They mowed over him and left his corpse otherwise unmolested. One day I only noticed bones. Now, I cannot even find a spot of extra green grass. Poor Fritz.

No comments: