It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-08-26

Notes:

Law enforcement would love to take all bank account information in the world, correlate it with human beings, look for suspicious activity compared to what they think that person should have. They would then enjoy very much knocking on their door, looking them in the eye and very politely asking them where this money came from. This is happening as I type. Switzerland is under great pressure to turn over the banking information for residents of specific countries. I await the elimination of cash. The day is coming.

A storm surge is basically a tsunami. A hurricane is a low pressure storm. This pulls the water up just like sucking on a straw pulls soda up the straw. I feel extra bad for the people on the east cost because Irene because they are not prepared. This thing has a chance of hitting New York City and western Long Island the day after making landfall. God bless and pleas pay attention to the people shouting from emergency vehicles.

My contact lenses refused to cooperate this morning. I took them out and threw them away. They were well past their one month time line. I am contact-less tho day. This bit me in the butt this afternoon because I was asking someone where one of the other employees was and he was standing right in front of me. drag. Makes me wonder how in the world I made it across all the streets this morning.

Do I really want to know if Alzheimer's runs in my genes?

The idea of an RV conversion made from a Isuzu truck keeps hitting me. I don't get it. There are better ways to make an RV. Even the thought of converting one of those box vans like UPS and FedEx use has hit me. It is not a cool idea, but it won't leave my head.

Humans generate about 100 Watts of heat at all times. No wonder our AC bill is so high. -Dr Karl

Humans shift more dirt than natural geological processes including erosion. -Dr Karl

Something smelled like burned insulation at lunch today. Someone was either welding, or doing some electrical work in the apartment complex next to our parking garage. I was on the sixth floor and the stink of it drove me back to work early.

One of the fiction podcasts I listen to uses voices to read the stories. It is a couple guys and a girl who are very good voice actors. They read out all the "so and so said ..." and "What's his name replied." parts of the stories. Usually they do this in the character who is narrating. It drives me up the frigging wall. I understand that not all stories are easily converted to radio plays. That is basically what they are doing. I've also been listening to old radio plays like Superman and The Shadow. These were done by professionals who knew what they were doing. Perhaps the podcast crowd could learn a thing or two by looking up these techniques.

Today, I sat down and swapped out the KVM I was using at work. I had a by 4 KVM because I have three computers. It had a single switch and gave no indication what computer you were looking at when you switched. In order to get from computer A to computer D, you had to hit the button 4 times. Obvious interface, except 80% of the time, the button would send you off in to limbo. It would only accept one or perhaps 2 of the taps. It was also pretty slow so it took a while to get the machine you wanted. This happens every three minutes though out my day. I swapped it for a by 2 KVM. the third machine is a Linux box and doesn't complain if you don't have a monitor plugged in. Now, I have one button for each computer. It beeps, but I hope this does not drive me up the wall after a couple thousand switches. I may be taking it apart, identifying the noise making device and disabling it permanently.

No comments: