It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-08-22

Notes:

They interviewed some director for an investment fund in Hong Kong. His fund is worth less now than its starting point a couple years ago. In other words it has lost money from day one. Not just in real terms, in number terms. It warms my heart knowing the magic orient is having the same trouble that the West is having. So many people hollered from the roof tops that China will show us the way. Not quite. The Chinese and the entire orient will have the same problems eventually. This is just how the system works.

What is the difference between a double dip recession and a depression? Well, many times someone who is drowning will get their had above the surface of the water until they just collapse from exhaustion and they die. Technically, you are are not drowning until you are dead. You are just treading water very badly, or failing to float. You are not in a depression until things are just that bad. Right now the world or at least the U. S. seems to be experiencing that bounce if you will before sinking again beneath the waves. I really hope I'm wrong.

The U. S. needs 125,000 new jobs every month just to keep up with population growth.

This week so far, I'm on a black coffee kick. I go through waves of wanting my coffee loaded with sugar and milk, or black. A couple of the guys here are coffee conscious of sorts. One is taking a class on coffee tasting. That is a bit much. Still, he can pick a great cup of coffee I'm told.

I heard years ago that disk drives got slower the farther out on the disk you ventured. I can believe it. Not that I do these images all the time I can watch a drive fill up and attest that indeed, as they fill up, they get slower and slower.

No comments: