It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-08-13

Notes:

I had a dream last night that stuck with me. Nat, Elle and I were in an RV traveling around the country. It kept getting bigger and bigger every time I turned around. Then it was a spaceship and we were traveling to distant galaxies. I hope this is not an omen for change.

There is an apartment complex I pass every day. There are two places on the perimeter where water mains have broken. One is oozing and the other is gushing. I hear this sort of thing is happening all over Houston. The dry dirt shifts around and the pipes crack. This is happening in my back yard to a point. The fence is leaning because the dirt is not remaining stable. I need to get some concrete.

Shurlock Holmes retired to a cottage in a quiet corner in Briton near the sea to raise bees.

I had to get something to eat today at lunch. I can't really afford to buy lunch. I went to McDonald's and got 2 $1 burgers and a couple of strawberry pies for $3 and change. The strawberry pies are lame. They had peach for a while earlier this year. Those weren't half bad. There apple pies are about as good, but they always have them.

An Asian bank has stopped lending to a French bank. This is the tip of the iceberg. France is buckling. Even NPR has experts on who question the longevity of the Euro.

I'm trying to think of a quick intro for my videos. The only ideas I've had are something with words that have understated music playing in the background. I want it to last about eight seconds tops. Maybe less. This means I need to make sure I like the name of my vlog. Right now it is zhsy00001. I'm also thinking of calling it "The dumbest channel name on YouTube" to quote the Fat Aussie Bastard. It's going to boil down to playing with it for a while and then putting up whatever I end up with in the end. That seems to be how these things go.

There are several online backup solutions. This is great except 1) I pay for data. 2) It doesn't work in Linux. 3) I don't want them to have my data because a) They or their employees have access to it. b) These places get hacked every five minutes.

Technology is pretty cool. 3D sucks. The Caffiniation Podcast guy had a pretty good thing to say about it. There is no way to interact with these 3D devices in three dimensions. What is the point? He read off the disclaimer for a new 3D laptop. It sounds like one of those medication disclaimers.

These old time radio (think 1930s) are great. There are all kinds of shows from The Adventures of Superman to a dozen private eye serials. Most of them have a standard sponsor like hair tonic or shaving cream, cigarettes to automobiles. Every time the Spenser comes on, I think of "A Christmas Story" Where Ralph decodes the message and all it says is "Drink your Ovaltine." I still like his response

Our insurance company gave us a bunch of the little tops you put on can's of soda with their name on them. I attached one to the soda I had for lunch. It was so tight that the can deformed and nearly squashed getting it on. It came off easily enough. made the soda taste a like plastic.

Russian hit man. Igonna Bumpemov.

No comments: