It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-08-22

Lawn

I watered the front lawn for the first time in a wile. I we bought a new sprinkler for such tasks. It is one of those back and forth tsst tsst tsst tsst d-d-d-d-d-d kind of sprinklers. It would have worked too, but I couldn't figure it out. I mean, there is more to it than the range to and fro.

The placement it turns out is far more complex than one might imagine. Besides over spray there are things like hose tension and the angle of the spike in the ground to consider.

It also turns out the nozzle requires a tool to modify the distance or throw of the water. The contraption comes set to squirt as far as possible. This, in my case, causes as much water on the side of the house and sidewalk as on the grass. Getting the edges and crevasses of the yard are all but impossible.

Needless to say, I ended up watering by hand. I've found this action to be therapeutic. There is something soothing about watering the lawn by hand. I wonder sometimes if the plants do this or if I'm feeling an empathy all in my own head.

No comments: