It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-08-31

AT&T T-Mobile merge in trouble

Somebody woke up. I basically quit T-Mobile because I was afraid of this going through. It still may go through. AT&T would love to control 100% of all communication AGAIN!!. Weren't they broken up a million years ago for the exact same practices? I'm not that frigging old.

The U.S. Department of Justice filed an antitrust lawsuit on Wednesday seeking to block AT&T's $39 billion merger with T-Mobile.
The merged companies would be the largest wireless company in the United States, combining AT&T's 95 million customers with T-Mobile's 34 million users. Along with Verizon Wireless, the merged companies would combine for more than two-thirds of the wireless market and account for 78% of the wireless industry's revenue.
"The combination of AT&T and T-Mobile would result in tens of millions of consumers all across the United States facing higher prices, fewer choices and lower quality products for mobile wireless services," the Justice Department said in its announcement.
CNN Headline email

I'm stuck using AT&T for my internet for the moment. I'm working on it. Sometime after Christmas, I'm going to look in to something like the Sprint portable 3G 4G solutions. This will work for a static location just as well as a mobile one. I already had someone come over with one of the devices and sure enough it worked. It says unlimited. I need to check on those numbers.

No comments: