It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-03-12

I knew it

I knew there was something wrong with Daylight Savings Time. I hate DST. I think it is too disruptive. People can just live their lives and be happy. We don't need to shift our lives by an hour for no good reason. The government seems to like DST because it gets people to spend a bit more money during the summer months. Some of the people at my work say they like having sunlight until 21:00 to go play. That's nice. I hate it.

Is Daylight Saving Time Bad For You?
"According to experts on circadian rhythms, the hour shift in sleep schedule from Daylight Saving Time can have serious effects on some people's health, particularly in people with certain pre-existing health problems. One study found that men were more likely to commit suicide during the first few weeks of Daylight Saving Time (DST) than at any other time during the year, and another study showed that the number of serious heart attacks jumps 6% to 10% on the first three workdays after DST begins. Dr. Xiaoyong Yang, an assistant professor of comparative medicine and cellular and molecular physiology at Yale University, theorizes that shifts in biologic rhythms could trigger harmful inflammatory or metabolic changes at the cellular level, to which these individuals may be more susceptible."

No comments: