It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-03-28

Commute

I had to pay $2 to ride the bus this norming. I didn't have any quarters. They don't make change. I think this should be illegal myself. I don't know how they get away with it. They don't give receipts either. Probably because they know some of the transactions are illegal. My Q-Card expired and it is going to take a couple weeks to get things back up and running. Every time I go through this, I worry about loosing the card. I am worried about it again this year.

I'm hearing bad things about "Sucker Punch". I haven't even seen the trailer.

It is $1.25 for a bus ride at the moment. Two trips a day makes it $2.50. Five days a week makes it $12.50 a week. Fifty two weeks a year makes it $650 a year. That ain't hey. That is a bit more than pocket change. it is still cheaper than driving a car.

Pile this on top of the fact that I pretty much hate riding the bus and you get a picture of what I think of paying for the privilege. I'm not alone in this. Buses are a Mosaic of humanity. Any time you have an equalizer of people who cannot afford to be above equality, you get bad things happening. There are a couple good people. There are many normal people. There are too many assholes. There are too many people who smell. There were too many people who think they own the frigging bus. There are too many people who forget they are humans. There are too many babies. There are too many angry people. There are too many idiots who do not understand how to act in public.

No comments: