It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-03-06

The Belmont Club

When I read blogs, I tend to cut many articles short and skip bits here and there just because I'm board or because I'm not interested or because I've heard it before. This never happens with Belmont Club.

An article chosen at random, well, it was the next one in line for my reader.

Cuba is putting a US aid contractor on trial for the crime of helping Cuban Jews connect to the Internet. If convicted, he may be sentenced to 20 years. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says she is “deeply concerned” and hopes the Cubans will let him go soon. Sources say a “political solution” will be reached soon, which probably means that the accused, Alan Gross, will be traded for something.
CNN has just announced the Gross’s trial is over, with no verdict announced. There was speculation he would be released to the US on humanitarian grounds. If Cuba weren’t so progressive people might get the impression it was a tyranny. Castro’s one-man-rule gets away with so much that if his name were Ian Smith or Augusto Pinochet instead of “Fidel” he would be mentioned in the same breath as Adolph Hitler, or at least, Mohammer Khadaffi.

I won't say they are all good. I've rarely skipped an article based on headline.

No comments: