It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-05-21

Problematic opportunities

My old job frowned on calling problems anything that implied that they were anything that was wrong. I don't know where this trend started. It probably started in ancient Rome where all good management techniques came to be. You cannot acknowledge that anything is wrong because then people will know something is wrong. You have to speak in code that misdirects all intention of fixing the thing that is wrong. This should limit responsibility. If some one knows something is wrong and they try to gloss over it with words that do not make it sound like anything is wrong, then they are lying.

In other words calling problems 'opportunities' is fraud in my book. I don't like it. I'll do it if told, but I will not accept that it is the right thing to do.

No comments: