It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-05-29

Morning Commute

Wet walk in this morning. I hate that because my feet are wet most of the day. That makes for some painful lab visits. They keep the labs at about -5 for some reason. When I got on the bus this morning it smelled like a cross between rotten pineapples and a dead animal. I was worried that I had stepped in something and it might be me, but It was the bus sure enough. There must have been some road kill it hit or something. I didn't get hit or even have any near misses. I got to work around 07:00. A couple of limbs were down on my walk. It looks like there were some high winds at some point. I did almost twist my ankle. That would have been very bad earlier this week when that ankle was hurting already. The ankle took it in stride, to coin a phrase.

It was humid as all get out. It was still twilight. The walk was styling. The light in front of my bus stop was out. It blinked red. The strangest thing happened. the traffic flowed better than normal. People were patient. The cars that needed to turn did so quickly and got out of every one's way. There was no tail back. I noticed no near misses. It was a sight to behold. Not even a honk. heck, I even crossed the intersection without trouble. That is saying something indeed. I wish I could have video taped it to put on the web and say "This is the way ti is done."

No comments: