It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-05-10

LOST

SPOILER WARNING

Last night's LOST was one of the good ones. Locke got shot and left for dead. I have associated with him a bit. After all, we are both bald, and both know disability. he even had a dead-end office job subject to several bosses. He got to the island and his disability disappeared. Lets face it, I've fantasized of the same thing happening to me. He is not my favorite character. Harley is. I don't know why, but I like him. he is very human and very flawed. He won the lottery and it only made him miserable. He is nuts, but lovable. What is not to like?

WTF is up with Jacob? I need to hit the message boards for ideas. It does make the name of the series more apparent. Is Jacob the black cloud? Is Jacob the thing that Locke saw that day that he called "The Island" in a personification? One of the boards said Jacob is going to be like the emperor in the Star Wars series. Talked about for ages before finding a corporeal part in the story.

We found out what happened to the DARMA Initiative folks. There were all gassed by the native inhabitants of the island. Apparently, there were conflicts between them. Now we have a new list of questions about where the original folks came from. No resolution to a question that doesn't raise five new questions. I think that is a good LOST formula.

Some other facts from last night are there if you paid attention. That is the van that Harley found and got running. It shows that Ben, the leader of the Others, is a killer. In fact, the killer of his father. How the hell did he become the leader? He was not born on the island. There is a difference between being born on the island and coming to the island. There is also some significants to dying on the island. I'm sure I'm missing a million of them. I'll hit the forums later and I bet I find people who analyze the show to length. I would not be surprised if there are organizational charts with LOST facts, questions, resolutions all cross referenced per character, event, internal time line, external time line (episode) and who predicted it first. Who has that kind of time?

I have some wild theories too.
  • Ben Shot Locke to kill him on the island. This will make Locke able to see Jacob.
  • The original inhabitance of the island are immortal as long as they stay on the island.
  • It all boils down to Quantum Physics with a little Dr Who thrown in. Well, I hope it does anyway.
  • Jacob is the oriental guy from all the videos. "Welcome to the DARMA Initiative. I'm Jacob, and I will be your guide today."
  • Harley is actually, God.

The Next episode after this season's finale is in January. I'm finding myself obsessed. That is bad. I should just stop watching. Wait for it to all be done and get the DVDs. That would make my life much easier. Then again, I can't stop! I'm sucked in. I know it. If I died right now my last words might be "Who is Jacob?" and the paramedic would look at me like I'm nuts because she would have far too much of a life to watch LOST, or she might start sharing her opinion. Who knows.

No comments: