It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-05-09

LOST

48 more episodes? What are they thinking? At the rate they are skipping seasons it will take ten years to tell this story. They are nuts. They being the execs who think people will swallow this tripe. I'm sick of half the characters. Who is next to be profiled, the guy who cleans the toilets? I wish the powers that be would understand that to present a live novel you have to have 1) a plot 2) a point 3) sympathetic characters 4) an ending. One cannot drag a book out without suffering a loss of readers.

Look at Wheel of Time. It is a mess. We will never get the last book until the author dies. I may contribute to the assassination fund myself on that one. "We didn't want him dead, we just wanted an ending to the frigging story." Reality be damned. There are no endings in life. Even death doesn't stop life. Life goes on. That is why our stories must have endings to keep us going.

I may wait until it is all over and just marathon what is left. That is how i did the first two seasons. It was great. I think it is the only way you can follow the story. I'll never have that kind of discipline.

No comments: