It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-05-10

Labels

I just learned that an Imperial gallon is bigger than an American gallon. That means some of the specs used in my old job were plane wrong. It was an oil company and labeled some things as Imperial gallons where they should have been American gallons.

Do you remember NASA crashing in to the Martian ground because one contractor was working in Imperial and the other was working in metric? I remember. That happened while I was working at the oil company. I was working in specs at the time. It really made me think about all the miss-communications going on around me. It wasn't that this company was bad. it is normal every day foul ups that can lead to bad things happening. that is something about the company that I'm at now. They seem to communicate far better that anywhere I've worked before. Sometimes communications become emotional and other times they are one way, but at least the communication is made.

No comments: