It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-05-11

Based on someone else's idea

<climbs on soapbox>

We had a discussion this morning about Linux vs Windows. it was the same old arguments. MS is better because everything is designed to build on their software. Linux is better because it is built by people who need to get things done themselves. There are a million reasons one might be better than the other. I don't really care. The only two thing I cannot get to work in Linux are specific games and web editing software. I've found open source for every thing else including office software that is equal to, or better than what I used on Windows. If I tried to buy a Win-box with all the closed source software on it that I use on Linux,It would cost over $10,000. As it is, I'm not pirating a thing and I get my work done.

I give up. I have no problem with MS taking over the market as long as their shit is better than every one else's. They are not. They are on par most of the time. They use the money you pay for the software to higher lobbyists to make it illegal for people and companies to compete with them. That pisses me off. That is why I use open source.

Why do I care? Why do I get upset? I get upset because MS is trying to take the decision process out of my hands. Think about it. People came to this country in the first place because they gave up on their old ones. Well, I'm worried about giving up on this country. The U. S. is the worse country, except for all the others. I really hope that does not change. I will work to make that not change.

<steps off soapbox>

Sorry. I just want people to understand why I go through the motions of making Linux work for me. Why I avoid MS when I can. Why I do not support the imperial nature of a one company dominated software market. Hey, at least MS is an American company today. Who knows where that will stand in a couple of years. The rest of the world may be rope for some Chinese company to step in and steel MS's cloths. How much would that suck? That has got to be why the U. S. government hasn't really punished MS for the shitty stuff they have done.If a car company tried the same tactics, they would be broken up in a minute. Look what happened to the phone companies in the seventies.

<steps off soapbox again>

Sorry. =]

No comments: