It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-02-28

Surface Tension
Ever have something stuck inside that wanted to come out. But, you don't know what it is. it is a bit like someone banging on a door. you can't tell who it is. All you know is someone wants on the other side. There is a banging in my head. Some idea wants out. Every time I sit down to jot down some notes, nothing floats up from the depths. I'm left with the surface of the sea and no idea what lies beneath.
Then comes a heavy base riff from a dark song by a dark band. The base pounds low and loud. Louder than the knocking of the idea. It stirs the water in my mind. The waves reveal the tops of mountains. Will this help? Is this how drugs help people who call themselves artists? I'm glad I'm a programmer. We only need caffeine and video games to stir things up.
As the sun sets on a clear blue ocean a sailer might see what is under a calm surface for just a moment. The under side of the water just might reveal it's world. Then the sun falls. The image is gone. Until the next time.

No comments: