It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-02-06

Backseat Poltergeists
So, Elle said she didn't want to go to school today. That never worked when I was a kid, but it did with Nat this morning. She missed Elle from the long weekend without her. Nat and Elle were on their way to Nat's mom's place. Things were running smoothly. Then, from the back seat comes "Mommy, I ate too much."
Then came the sound that every parent' knows all to well. A sound deserving of it's own paragraph.
BWAAAAAKH!!!
Nat tells me Elle did a pretty good job of confining the torrent to the back seat. I picture Elle's head spinning and puke spraying all over the car like a vomit lawn sprinkler, but I'm assured that was not the case.
Nat had to stop at Target and get a new booster seat. The old car seat is in the trunk festering as I type. That is going to be a fun clean up this evening.
Reminds me of a story from my childhood. I was enjoying a bag of marshmallows. Yah, marshmallows. Well, I vaguely remember my mother telling me not to eat too many, but you know kids. I ate my fill, snapped my fingers and went to bed. Sometime later, in the middle of the night. I stumbled into my parents room and said something very profound. Something every parents hears at least a dozen times.
"Mom, I don't feel so gooBWAAAAAKH!!!"
My father didn't miss a beat. From the dark, without even being fully away he says "Somebody just threw up." Can't put nothing past the old man.
Well, I puked on the carpet again and my mom rushed me to the bathroom. I assured her
"I'm finBWAAAAAKH!!!"
I knelt corrected.
Ah, payback is a bitch.

No comments: