It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-03-20

Kilt
I have to get my kilt dry cleaned. I feel kind of funny about it. Not only do I never dry clean anything, but this is something weird. I'm sure any dry cleaner worth their salt has seen dozens of kilts. They seem more and more popular these days. it just feels strange.
Command Line vs GUI
I'm noticing some of the problems I've always had with computers boil down to the computer trying to do things for me. The other day I did something stupid at work. I moved some files instead of copying them. This is easy enough to do in the GUI. If you drag and drop files from one window into another, and they both point to the same drive, the computer assumes you want to move them instead of copy them. Well, that has bitten me in the butt before. Fortunately, I just happened to bump into the person in the hall as they were looking for the person in charge of those files. We were able to rectify the mishap. I still feel stupid. If I had done the copy in the command line, none of this would have happened.
I liken the difference between using the GUI and command line to the difference between turning a key, and turning a wrench.
Note
Elle just learned to turn the channel with the remote control. The world will never be the same.
V for Vendetta
Saw it. I liked it. It left me with a bad taste in my mouth. It was a good plot that was nothing like the comic novels. The character development was way over the top. I hated it when I knew exactly what was going on at the first instant. I wish I had been fooled. I have a hard time with predictable movies. At least someone liked it.

No comments: