It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-03-18

Evening with Friends
When You have had a long challenging week at toil.
Then you go out and play hard on Friday night just because you can.
It was one of those evenings with friends.

The drinks flowed freely. The people were friendly. No one got hurt. No one drove under the influence (on Nat's watch anyway). Yesterday was St. Patric's day. I had one of those days mentioned above. I have been working on learning something new all week. It is a tough process. When I was done it turns out, as usual, it was much easier than I was making it out. At my old job, I felt like an idiot some of the time and like a genius most of the time. At this new job, I feel like a child in the woods, following the signs of the land to salvation. It is wonderful. I'm challenged. I am a bit afraid. I'm trying. I'm learning. I'm living.
Natalie said something that nearly brought tears to my eyes last night. She said to the group "Now I understand why Kelly has been hanging out with you guys all these years." She had a good time too.
I'll try to get the pictures up today. We have a sort of lunch date. Nat and I ran into some old work people. The thing is, none of them still work at the old company. That place is hemorrhaging people. I've heard that the new policy is to run off lower management and design related people and outsource all the work. I've heard some of the complaints from those lower people and I can believe it. I think they want to get rid of engineering and just send all the work overseas. Upper management just doesn't have the balls to pay people off and pull the trigger. It is shameful really. I'm glad I left. I found out I was scheduled for a raise. Bastards. They waited far too long.
A buddy gave me some new wedding pictures. I'll try to post them along with the party pictures from last night. Nat took some too, I'll post her link too if I can.

No comments: