It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-03-14

Day
Let's see, I need to do taxes. We are looking at buying a house. The job is highly challenging. Nat and I are highly opinionated individuals who are both used to living our our own. That sounds like life.
I only just got MPlayer to work on the new box. Well, I got the command line version to work. The GUI version needs so frigging many libraries that it isn't worth it. It plays most things I throw at it though. I have to say that Linux is not ready for the desktop. It takes entirely too much effort to make things work. Even the most basic stuff takes ages just to configure. I cannot imagine having to compile things on a Windows box. aaargh. What is a geek to do?
We drove by another house today. It is cool looking in the neighborhoods and going online to get the details. There really are houses out there in our price range that don't suck that bad. I'm looking forward to moving for a change.
I have not been able to catch up with the news in several weeks. I haven't even been able to catch Dilbert or User Friendly. I'm having withdrawal. I'm learning tons at work and at home too. The log is suffering a bit. I don't know when or if I'll ever be able to get back to a schedule like I had before. Who knows. Things change. I like having a log though. There are some more wedding pictures coming soon. I have to get the proper software installed to make the web pages. Wish me luck.

No comments: