It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2003-07-24

Vacation
I need a vacation. It has been over a year. I have plenty of time saved up. Work is weird now. I seem to have time, but no direction. Tpro is about to take off, but hasn't yet. This would be a great time. Guess what, I have no plans.
Walking into work is hard. The air is thick. The mosquitoes are not bad yet. The neighborhood sprays thank goodness. I dread West Nile. That might be a nice break, if it weren't for the whole dying thing. That is desperation.
I have a love for landscapes. I have the bug to put my Yellowstone pictures on the blog. Coming soon, I promise.

Car
It amazes me how much money I save by not having a car. No car payment. No insurance. No gas. No tires. No breaks. No vehicle boredom. I pay four dollars every year to ride the bus, and its a rip-off. I ride the bus home and role right past a Kroger grocery store. You know, it is one of the most difficult things in my life to get off that bus and do some shopping. I know people who bitch when they have to walk half way across a parking lot to get in a building. I have to wait from across the street. Some people say "It's too hot to go shopping" meaning they don't want to walk from the car to the building and back. I have to wait for ten to forty five minuets every time I go to the store on the bus in the heat or rain. That can make it hard to get milk and ice cream. I used to order groceries online. They all went bankrupt. Their prices were high. I would have accepted a $100 minimum order if it would have dropped the prices a bit. I promise to go shopping with whom ever I end up with, even if to just soften the blow of shopping. AARGH!!! The fridge is empty, except for catsup and parmesan cheese. My mother is a saint. she will take me to the store any time I ask. I try to save her offer until I just have to go. Then I make sure to buy everything.

Dad Story
It is really cool. My father and I have gone out for a beer after work a couple of times. That is awesome. We talk and I get some of his old stories. I find myself listening to my mother's calls when she calls me at work. I stop and talk with them. It is official, I'm old.
My father had a story for me recently. My grandfather always had Cadillacs. He liked fishing. Once when my father was a kid, they went fishing together. They had the tents and cots in the trunk. They drove down to the side of the river and fished until late. They went to bed without trouble. My father woke up with with water up to the bottom of the cot. The river had to come up over night. Thank goodness they had parked on a high spot. The back of the Cadillac was in the water. They drove off with all of their camping equipment floating down the river. "Don't tell your mother."

S-10
My dad recently bought a Chevy pickup for 1500 bucks. It has 80,000 miles and had hit one deer and been hit by another deer shortly there after. Pop put on a new fender and got the door dent fixed. The whole truck painted and it is for sale for 6,000 or best offer. I bet he will get it too.

Don't ask
Dog walks into a saloon with a bandage on his foot. The dog says "I'm looking for the man who shot my paw."
Bar tender asks a guy "Is that a steering wheel in your pants?" Guy says "Ya, it's driving me nuts."

Crabby mood
I have been in the crabbiest mood lately. One of my co-workers asked me yesterday if everything was all right. Everything is ok, It is just all ok all at once. I try not to write much when I'm in that kind of mood. The thought of getting my Yellowstone pictures on the net helps lighten my mood.