It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2003-07-08

Sleep on a Saturday
I slept until 2:30 PM on Saturday. I was up most of the night chatting with friends. It is 2:00 AM in the morning on Sunday and here I am again chatting with a friend of mine about moldy cheese. I like the internet. She is allergic to blue cheese and penicillin. Go figure. Even instant coffee is good with enough sleep in your eyes.

Soft Contacts
The soft contacts are working out OK. The right one spins a bit. I'm figuring out it is my squint that is the trouble, not the contact. They are miles better than the hard contacts. The hard took care of all of my stigmatism. The soft contacts aren't as good at the stigmatism, but they are much better in the comfort area. Wish me luck.

Old Diary
A long time ago I kept a diary in a book. Actually, I printed pages and kept them in a binder. There are stories in there that I might put on my blog someday. The last entry in that diary is from several years ago and it reads “I need to start living my life instead of just writing about it.” That wasn't the truth really. I just thought the diary was too boring to continue. I let some friends read the book. I promised myself that I would let people read it if they asked. That was years before any one heard of a blog. It fits in very nicely though. I don't even know who reads this thing. That is one of the thrills of it.

Right Now
I'm at a total loss for what to write. I feel like typing though so here is what is happening in my life right now. I'm watching a movie called Spriggan. I'm really just playing it in the background while I type. It is OGG, so even though I downloaded it there are subtitles and both Japanese and English sound tracks. They have come a long way in downloaded media offerings.
I just got back from a meeting with Tpro and we are moving forward. We have a big step coming and I hope I'm up for the challenge. It is what I have been waiting for.
A friend of mine spoke to me about having children. She was very sincere. She is in a situation where she just might ask me to be the father. This would be in the pretty distant future. We both have careers to look after. Isn't that the way though? Life is what happens to you while your are making other plans. I think Mic Jagger said that. So, should I do it? I think so. I'm thinking about that right now and I'm smiling ear to ear. The only trouble is I would not be a present father. She doesn't want a man slowing her down.
There have been two women in the past who wanted to have a child with me. They didn't measure up. That isn't self centered (OK, it is). It is a terribly frightening prospect, even with some one you will be with during the hard times. She will not be there for me, nor will she need me I'm afraid. Still. Will my parents have grandchildren? The play little in my decision. it is my life, her life, and the life we may bring into the world. Do you feel the debate going on in my heart. it is exhilarating, terrifying, and a bunch of other scary words.
She is probably not going to ask anyway. God loves me either way. I think I'll wait for the real thing, the one that includes love. Sorry “she”, the answer is you aren't offering enough. I'm worth far more.