It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2003-07-27

Geek Woes
So, I'm trying to get my server to do HTTP (put the pictures on the blog) and I manage to destroy the rights settings on /var folder. Not just the top of /var, the whole damn thing. Curs -R. What is the point of groups in Linux anyway. They don't do shit for you. Even when I 777 the html folder I still have to log in as root to put anything in the html folder or make any changes. Or, I have to change the owner to me which I'm sure will screw up other stuff. I've added the group I made to my login. I change the group in html (then accidentally in the whole damn /var folder) and nothing works properly. DRAT!!!! Restage. . . delay in the pictures on the blog. =[ Wish me luck.
The trouble is I just don't have the strength to fix it today. It was one of those things where you hit enter and the computer isn't even done messing up all the folders and you realize that you just messed up the machine to the point you will need to restage. I'm going to order a pizza and put myself in a sugar coma.

No comments: