It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2003-07-30

Geek Speak - What was I thinking?
So, I'm remotely setting my router settings for SSH and of course I get two of the settings backwards. I know this because I get dumped out of the remote connection and now I'm staring at the screen saying "Why did I do this at 7:00 in the morning?" Now I'm locked out for the rest of the day. :-\

Josh's last day
Josh is CEO of Tpro Solutions. It is Josh's last day at my day job. He works there too. This is a huge step for Tpro. Things are moving. It turns out several people are looking at our potential. This is a real thing. Tpro is taking on a life of it's own. I'm very excited. I'm learning things left and right. Nothing takes the flare out of a job like not learning anything new. I don't know how people can continue in a place where they do the same thing every day. God bless those who can, I am not one. I picture a manufacturing line with robots and humans drowning away for years. Making the same thing without stopping. I picture sweatshops in China and South America turning out garments for USA teens by the ship load. It all just ends up in a land fill somewhere. I would go nuts in ten minutes. I would climb the walls.
I wander when the robots will get board. Where will their little silicon minds wander?
Anyway, Tpro.
I can drop names. I can drop companies. The ink, come on inc. It is funny that civilization has chosen the signature as a means of identification and commitment. The signature is removed just far enough from reality to make it the embodiment of a thought. Our names mean allot to us. So much, that they are stolen routinely. A promise is made by one to another and a signature of ink goes on a piece of paper. A corporation is a non-living person. The laws in many arias treat an incorporated company with rights and privileges. The inc. is a pile of signatures, a basket of promises. The money hardly enters into it. The money is too close to reality. Money is just one of the many commodities traded day to day. Money, gold, promises, food, lives, land, insurance, and everything that has ever been traded for something else all clash. The first day of economics class they mention supply and demand. For me, today, it begins.