It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2003-07-19

File Swapping
There is a move afoot by RIAA to make sure that the copyrights held by big business are protected. The trouble is, they are about to make things nuts by suing their own customers. Now there is a move by the folks who make the P2P software to conceal those who imbibe. The new Kazaa Lite says it protects the identity of the user and with less spyware to boot. Now, even Congress is getting involved.

Geek Speak
So, I 'm trying to get my web server up and running. I adjust the settings on Apache. I adjust the settings on my router. It won't pass through. I can get the “This is a test “ page from inside the firewall, but not from outside. The funny thing is I have to ask some one else, via chatting or email, to hit the page and let me know what happens. To properly test the page, you have to be outside the firewall. Sometimes the people testing the system get a login screen. WTF. Well, I figured out pretty quick that I had rigged up my router to ask people to login into the router, not the server, from outside the network. I don't know how, but that was what happened. Anyway. It turns out the filtering rules were messed up. I hadn't hit enter enough times, and I hadn't told the rules to “on failure continue to next rule”. Who knew? BAH. Well, last time I checked It was still up and running.
My whole intent for getting this up and running now is to put picture links on my blog. Coming soon.

Overalls
A guy got on the bus this morning in overalls. He had the whole ensemble, Mullet, buck teeth, the smell of horse dung. This guy looked like he just stepped off the turnip truck.

Microsoft Names Linux its Number Two Risk (Straight off Slashdot.com)
Posted by CowboyNeal on Saturday July 19, @10:14AM
from the not-quite-as-bad-as-recession dept.
Jorkapp writes "Microsoft has officially moved Linux up to the Number 2 Risk to the company (With Economic Environment at No. 1). Bill Gates has taken the threat very seriously, and has identified Linux and non-commercial software as 'out there and very pervasive.' In response, Microsoft has dropped the price of Windows CE and opened the embedded OS to developers. This will not only allow developers to view and modify CE, but also distribute software incorporated to the modified code."

(K.H.)
I wander where Bill's deal with Satin ranks?
Bill says to Satin "I want to be the most powerful software mogul in the universe."
Satin says "Sure bill your software will be the best software money can buy. MWUAAA AAAA AAAAAA!!!!!!"
Bill replies "Where do I sign?"

No comments: