It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2003-07-04

Early day off
Tomorrow is the Fourth of July. We have it off at my day job. I'm spending some time with my parents and my Aunt and Uncle are in from California. That should be fun. I've decided at the last minute to take the rest of the day off after lunch. My father says “good for you.” I need the relaxation. Some one came in with some information at the last minute. I need something different than he's giving me. He wants to give me a bunch of examples and I need a process. If you are in corporate America, you know what I mean.

Allergies
My frigging allergies are killing me. Last year when we went to Yellowstone, I nearly couldn't walk because of the ear trouble the altitude and allergies gave me. This year, it is just plane Houston. I live in a swamp, I should expect it. Some one said that it isn't the pollution from cars or even industry that makes so many people sick in Houston. It is the grass lands surrounding South East Texas. I should consider moving to the desert.

Workload
My workload is picking up at the day job. That is a good thing really. I tried to tell people that something wouldn't work two years ago. It got passed to others who gave up, because it will not work. Now, of course, it comes back to me to make it work. They want me to convert a barrel of apples into a basket or oranges. They keep saying “Fruit is fruit right?” It depends on who describes it.

A Hero
Men want to be heroes. I don't want money. I do want to be able to support a family. I do want to be able to send my kids to college. I don't want fame. I'm actually terrified of becoming famous. The idea of people thinking I'm something I'm not scares me. Fame is a bad thing. I want to be paid for what I know. I want to save a bus full of handicapped children from drowning as the bus sinks beneath the waves. I want to breath life into the last child as we are pulled from the water. I want to be a hero, a hero who's path and motive cannot be questioned. I want to save the world. I want to be a man.


No comments: