It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2015-08-07

Work Stress

Isn’t the whole reason people pay us to do thing is to put the stress on us instead of them?

Worked a 15 hour day yesterday. I know that is not a record or anything. There are people out there who pull full on 24 hours shifts at really stressful jobs all the time. It is hard for me. I am not strong. I question my career path every time this sort of thing happens.

It is not the hours. it is the stress. I’m not one of those focused detail freaks. Employers expect robots with imagination these days. I do not fit the bill.

Walked in this morning and finished up some paperwork on what kept me so long yesterday. The thing that I couldn’t get working yesterday and thus caused me nightmarish stress is still broken but it turns out it isn’t my fault. It is working as designed. That file is not supposed to let you change it. No message pops up “Hands Off!” or anything. It just fails without error or notification.

On a related note, I slept like a baby last night. Not sure where that came from.

No comments: