It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2015-08-06

Out Sick

I was sick from Thursday evening 2015-07-30 Through Monday 2015-08-03. I returned to work the next day working from home and went to work on Wednesday. Today is Thursday and it is the first day I felt normal in over a week. I lost at least 4 days somewhere. It feels like last Thursday was day before yesterday.

It is funny how time compresses when you feel bad. I don’t want to remember what was going on so my brain just suppresses those memories for me. Kind of nice.

Doctor says I had (mild) food poisoning. He gave me an antibiotic designed for such things. I hope it is what is making my urine smell so bad.

I’ve had several sick days this year for digestive ailments. Nothing like this bout. Everything else seems like a cakewalk compared to this past weekend. I think I will raise the bar for taking a sick day after this. Grin and bare it a bit more often. It is difficult to face that walk in the hot Houston Summer if I’m not feeling 100%. My 46 year old 100% is not what my 18 year old 100% was.

One symptom I get when I’m sick is loss of night vision. I’ve always had faire night vision compared to the rest of my vision. Sometime superior because so many people cannot see in even a dark room. I only just this morning noticed my night vision coming back after a full week of needing to turn the light on to go pee in the middle of the night. I was able to stand up and make it to the bathroom door without.

Now to finish up the antibiotics and get better.

No comments: