It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2015-07-21

I keep wanting to do a sort of captain's log kind of blog entry. It never works out. I just don’t do a burst of facts well. I don’t have very many facts either. My life is just one blurry daydream leading to another. That is, between work and sleep and work, I’m just wandering around wondering what is next. (That sentence came naturally). I’ve always had this strange need to write things down. It is just too bad that I don’t have much to say.

I swear Evernote used to have an audio functionality straight from the new note button. It is gone now if so. I’ll figure out this captain's log thing somehow.

Is there a more “Russian” name than Borisov? Belt-tightening at the Russian Military.

Today’s podcast
Still listening to Star Trek Outpost. I like this show. Ferengi brains are divided in to 4 lobes instead of 2. Learn something every day.

Something else learned, Be wary of buying a second hand decommissioned Klingon military shuttle and tooling around Federation space. There is a lot of prejudice against Klingons that might get you in trouble.

One cool thing in this show, they cover the difference between engineers and officers. They cover the different way of thinking for both. This reminds me greatly of the difference between managerial and technical tracks at my company. I’m telling you, it reminds me more and more of Starfleet every episode.

“We haven’t been business partners nearly long enough to want to kill one another.” Spoken by a murder suspect.

I’ve heard some of the people on this show on other podcasts. I heard one of the people who uses a pseudonym and sifted through the credits for a real name. Turns out, he used the pseudonym on this show as well. Damn.

Half the current episode (35) is an exchange between a Federation doctor and two Ferengi negotiating to perform an autopsy on their murdered brother. It is amazing. They really capture Ferengi in this show.

No comments: