It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2015-05-27

Notes


Bad Science. Does this mean they will actually look in to climate issues with a scientific sceptical eye? I’ll not hold my breath.

Not sure what to think about Hot Topic buying ThinkGeek. It is a clashing of worlds. It has the potential of being very cool. I like the South Park episode where the goth kids burn the Hot Topic down.

I have cameras watching me do my job. Welcome to the new normal.

No security, no pay out from your insurance company after you get nicked. I’ve heard of insurers not paying when someone didn’t set the alarm properly before a burglary. I suppose this is similar to someone not installing burglar bars or something.

Names matter. I remember a judge who was talking about dog bite cases. She said the first thing she asked was the name of the dog.

One look at how a robot run economy may look in our life times. I will never live in a world where I’m paid for doing nothing. That is just not how my life works.

If you don’t have land in an area you want to control, just make some.

Surprise! Russia is getting ready to fully invade Ukraine. Russia, China North Korea and Iran are all going to flip their shit at once. It will overwhelm the West. It is what I would do. If you are just any podunk who wants something from the U. S., pay attention. Your time is near.

How the world has changed since WWI. Very cool look at technology changes since that era.

Woops. I have a friend who wrecked his very expensive care because he turned off traction control.

Things are heating up in the Far East. China is just making shit up in order to take over the world. Well, they are building islands and calling it sovereign territory. This is not going to end well. I wonder if this is Taiwan envy.

First they implement civil law. Next thing you know, you have to have five witnesses corroborate you were raped before anyone will even listen to you. Oh, and women only count for half a witness.

Some of the coworkers were talking about video games today. We don’t really take breaks so it works out that people take a minute to talk about video games for a couple minutes in the afternoon. It reminded me of the couple times I played games. I used to play all the time. I really only played with cheat codes. I rarely did the honest thing all the way through. Our discussion made me want to play again. I might have a laptop I can play on soon. It will be Linux so nothing cutting edge. I hear you can play quite a few Steam games even with equipment that is not near the cutting edge.

I love the analogies in this article about Natural Gas.

Baltimore falling apart. Feels like a failed country all to itself.

No comments: