It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2015-02-25

Evernote 5.8.x on Ubuntu 14.04 using Wine 1.7

Details
  • Ubuntu 14.04 as provided by employer (basically stock)
  • Wine comparability db entry I didn’t have an issue with the clippy.exe thing on this page.
  • Using Wine 1.7 and Evernote 5.8.x downloaded from C-Net
  • Had to remove other versions of wine first and reboot before installing from the ppa
  • Make sure to remove .wine folder from home before install
    • If you don't do this, the Evernote install says "file not found" because it can't find a font.
  • I had to leave the winecfg running after I left. No idea how long it ran before popping the window up properly.
    • Windows 8 compatibility and all defaults.
  • Installed Evernote 5.8.x at this point with no outright errors.

I’ve noticed
  • The title field while editing a note does not work correctly. It is still usable, but clunkey.
  • Clippy is never going to work properly in Linux without testing by Evernote.
  • Lots of communication errors pop up in the terminal, but it still syncks.

I could not use Nixnote or other Linux clients without a punching bag.

No comments: