It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2015-01-08

Notes

Rough video to watch. The video on that page shows the murder of a French police officer. More on the Terrorist attack in France. Interesting question. Unrelated fact.

We use VMs for testing at work. I can tell you that they are slow. There must be a fundamental issue with VMs when it comes to accessing or acting like you are accessing hardware. VMs have their place and make a lot of things faster. Not driver testing. Still, when you are struggling to find hardware for testing, they are awesome.

I just noticed the little speaker on the tab of Chromium in Ubuntu Linux that I’m using that indicates sound being played. It at least tells you which tab has the annoying advertisment playing so you can kill it or close the tab. In this case, I’m listening to a podcast on the web in that tab. Nice touch in any case.
I had to turn off the word completion on Libreoffice. It is one of those features that sounds great until you use it. Then it turns out to be more of a pain in the ass than it was ever worth. I found this out a long time ago, but it seems it takes me a while every time I have to use a new copy of Libreoffice or OpenOffice to switch it off.

You’re welcome

No comments: