It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2014-12-09

Lunch Conversation

We went to Pho One. I’m told it is not the best Vietnamese food, but it is pretty good.

  • Telling customers the facts they want and that the facts they want are not going to win them anything. They want to out think us on our own product and eek out some performance. The trouble is, this is what we do and our product is what we do it on. This is all we do. You are not going tobeet us on our home field at our game for very long.
  • The hot sauce, excellent by the way.
  • Lawn care and how we all pay for our lawns to be taken care of.
    • I didn’t have a chance to mention that I just want to pave it over and paint it all green.
    • Compared prices and services of lawn care professionals
    • Rarely the same crews for very long.
    • No idea what is going to happen after amnisty
  • One of our guys is a Scott. He is pissed at Obama for making him spend thousands of dollars and waiting for years to get on the citizenship train and then just handing things to people who were willing to break the law.
  • Metric system
  • Tea
  • Eating with chopsticks.
    • I remember my first whole meal with chopsticks. It took me 45 minutes. I was in my thirties.
  • Getting old
    • Adam’s dad didn’t bother learning how to use a watch because he is 70. Adam worries that this is his future. It is. Mine too. Actually, it might be my past. Not sure.
  • 24 hour lan parties
    • Politics there of
  • Past bosses
    • “So and So and I do not see eye to eye. I cannot help you sell our equipment to him.”
    • You can’t talk to some bosses. Modern Ethernet is not the same as a token ring.

No comments: