It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2014-11-03

Weekend in review

  • Cleaned up Halloween decorations
    The tree is full of fake cobwebs. I mean a ton of permanent non bio or photodegradable asbestos threads that feel and look like the real thing. They grab hold of you and cling like the real thing. A bird got caught in them and nearly died. Never again!
  • Paid bills
    Thank you lord for the money to pay the bills.
  • Drank and blogged several K-Cup coffees.
  • I felt sick most of the weekend. Sick as in sinus crap. The house is dusty. I need to spend more time outside. The weather is nice enough to go out and do something. Might even have a chance to shoot a video.
  • I rebuilt a Linux VM I use for video editing. (after screwing up the old one by doing updates)
    • Installed the OS
    • Installed my software
    • Installed more software I forgot about
    • Fixed settings that I forgot about.
    • Ran multiple sets of updates they didn’t tell me about.
    • Fixed the installer I put on the box that broke after the second or third round of updates.
    • Tried Everpad (fail)
    • Tried Nixnote (fail)
    • Installed Wine and Evernote client for Windows (worked) Ironically, I really only use one note out of Evernote on this VM.

Everpad had a genuine library problem. Something to do with “lenses” not being available in Ubuntu any longer.

NixNote, which worked fine before simply refused to let me log in to the Evernote system. It was not even trying to use the credentials I gave it. I tried googling the issue, but it must just be me.

I cannot explain how pissed I am that Everpad and Nixnote didn’t work on that VM. The fact that it turned out to be easier to install Wine and run the Windows client for Evernote makes me want to puke.

No comments: