It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2014-11-13

Notes



Wonder why all that talk about attacking overseas bank accounts of U. S. companies went? Wonder why we are having a jobless recovery? Wonder no more?

The first cold day of Winter came today. We do not feel the winter so harshly where I live. We get humidity in Summer. Then comes rain and cold. Then comes a few lumps of warm enough to wear light jackets weather. Then comes spring, which lasts about a week. Then we are back to Summer. Typically people switch straight from air conditioning to heat and back again without cracking a window.

I want my tombstone to read “I wish I had spent more time at work.” Just because that is what everyone says no one says when they die.


I have a first world issue. When I take my laptop off the docking station at work, I go from Ethernet to wifi. That changes my IP and causes all my connections like SSH and such to hang. I have to kill all my connections and login again. This can be damaging for long processes. I have had to come accustomed to using the screen command to make sure my processes will survive a network disconnect. If anyone out there has a cure for this, let me know.

No comments: