It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2014-09-30

Notes

Thoughts
Today is an all links kind of day.

Links
Progress in aviation, or not. I think the fuel efficiency, automation and safety have raised a bit, but I don’t believe there have been leaps forward that can be quantified like the circles on the chart.

Some details on the Oklahoma beheading Jihadi wannabe.

British gallons vs U. S. gallons came up in conversation today (again). It turns out the discrepancies are between pints.

This episode of podcastle is one of the best podcasts I’ve heard in a while. They just did a good job on this one. Even the sponsor got in to the act and did a great job of doing it. I love that when it is well done.

Not it! Another story on a similar bend.

Maybe we should keep track of Global Warming, I mean Climate Change, I mean the weather with numbers and this new stuff called data.

.460 Rowland is a new round I’m hearing more and more about. Someone said the idea behind it was to mimic the .44 magnum numbers in a .45 pistol. The energy at the muzzle is similar. Essentially, you are making a very hot .45 round with a heavier bullet (slug that travels out the barrel). Packs a wallop. I want to find a double procession clip conversion that doesn’t come apart when you fire it. Could you imagine a 12 round .44 automag?

What’s with Twitter? I’m finding some issues accessing pages I want and getting rid of some posts I don’t want. Twitter is really pissing me off from multiple directions.

Is Hollywood doomed? The present form is doomed. If Hollywood can adapt in time then no, but if they do not adapt in time, well, something else will take the place of our movie industry and the people who run it.

Cat fight! To humans who think very highly of their own opinions.

No comments: