It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2014-09-22

Notes

Phone virtual keyboard

I used to use the Swype keyboard on my Android phone exclusively. The default keyboard on a generic Android device kind of sucks. I now use the Samsung keyboard. It is not much better than the default. It is worse than the Swype keyboard. The Samsung keyboard, however, leaves the numbers at the top all the time.

This encourages using numbers in passwords. I insist on having numbers in my password. The Swype keyboard makes one sit on a key for a moment in order to produce a number. This is mildly annoying the first several unlocks and a wrong that must be righted then on. I haven’t found a setting to entice the Swype keyboard to display numbers at all times, though you can get to the numeric keypad at will with a expertly performed squiggle.


Vlogger problems

I used to keep track of the metadata for my YouTube videos here in the blog. No longer. I do not keep any of the data really. I fear that YouTube will fall away at some point. It is already set up to not make money for people who monetize their videos any longer. Well, only if you really pull in the views. That is no skin off my nose. Some people only do it because there is a monetary response. I do it because of some strange need to write things down.

Google has tried a couple times to give non money making videos a place to post. Google video and Google Plus are their answers. Search engines do not bring you to those places. So, until they prevent people from posting to YouTube, that is where my videos go.


Single Thoughts

Also, I would have to upload the same video to Google Plus, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and my blog (somehow) if it were not for a single place that allows reposting like YouTube. Nightmare.

alibaba.com. 80% of all ecommerce (online purchases) in China. I believe alibaba will connect the U. S. consumer with the Chinese manufacturers more closely. This will be an unintended side effect that is a good thing from my point of view.

Are zombies dead? I have 2 ideas for zombie shorts that I think are awesome. What to hear them?

There for a minute, there were seven people in my office. There are normally only three. Three quiet people. Too much activity all at once. I found it very stressful. Then it was quiet again. Glad Kelly.

Twitter is really pissing me off. I’m getting random shit in my timeline. If I want random shit in my timeline I’ll stick random shit in my timeline. I’m not far from uninstalling the app and killing the account.

My Android phone does not last a full day on the provided battery. I purchased an external battery in order to make sure I get home without a dead lump of plastic in my pocket. I’ve found that the “Battery Save” Option in the settings makes a pretty big difference in the battery life. I can last a full day with that setting enabled. I looked at what it does and it appears the processor on my phone getting jammed in low gear (indistinguishable really) is the deciding factor. I have to manually set the screen because the low power setting makes it too dim in the daylight to use. I suppose that does save the battery.


Links

... a certain kind of soldier.” Worth a read.

More war. Yup.


Dilbert Movie getting under way. Well, starting out.

No comments: