It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2014-09-23

Close to home

A kid at Elle’s school is special needs. He has emotional issues. He was having a particularly tough time this morning. Nat got involved a bit helping to get hold of one of the parents. Elle helped calm the boy down. She is our little empath.

I feel this one because I am a person with special needs. I need more help than most of the other folks around me. I am provided this help for the most part. it is very frustrating most of the  time.

When I was a kid, it was far worse. Being an adult who needs help is bad enough. Being a kid who needs help is far worse. You do not know what help you need. You do not understand why no one else needs the same help. You worry about people thinking you are weak because of the help you need. Things do not get resolved the same way as everyone else.

Girls think you are icky and weird. Guys don’t want to hang out with you.

I’m not sure if it gets easier, but you do get better at it. Every case is different. Learn what works and take notes. It wasn’t until I hit an age where I could tell people to jump in a lake that things really got better. I don’t know if I changed or if people started treating me differently. That age started when I grew shoulders in late high school. It continues to this day. The difference is I find it a snap to tell people to fuck off and continue on my journey through life without that person.

No comments: