It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2014-07-11

Notes

2014-07-10
My ankle hurts. It was a gout attack. It amazes me how much it slows me down. Now that I’ve gone to the doctor and gotten some meds that help, I feel amazing. My whole body feels better. I don’t know how much is psychosomatic and how much is the steroid I was prescribed. Just not expecting the bite in my ankle every time I get up gives me the strength to get up

This pain in my ankle has come and gone over the last week or so. I would have gone to the doctor before now except it always seemed like it was going away. It just kept lingering and I just kept limping.

This isn’t just my first day of meds. I’ve also not had caffeine until today for a while. I think Saturday was the last time I had a cup of coffee. I’m trying to give up sugary drinks. I just do not need the friggin things. One cup of black coffee made me a bit jittery this morning.

Normally I walk to the bus stop in the morning. The other day I couldn’t and Nat ran late. I was very upset at getting in to work at a quarter to ten. I routinely get in around 7:00 when I walk. It is better when I do it myself. I should do it more just because I need the exercise if nothing else. We are on the way back down the time curve. That is, the sun comes up later and later now. Soon I’ll be back on the flashlight walk.

I hadn’t been able to go to lunch as much. Really, it was money that stopped me. I need to cut back to once a week at most. I used the ankle as a convenient excuse. The timing worked out well that I was able to walk on a Thursday. That is our Chinese food day.

No comments: