It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2014-05-02

16:00 on a Friday

So, it’s 16:00 on a Friday and I notice the network will not authenticate. This means I cannot run most programs on the local network because everything requires authentication. I cannot use local users because nothing is setup for that.I note the issue with the local IT professionals. (not me any more) and sit there trying to think of how else I could get my job done.

It is 16:15 by this time. 5 other people ask me about the servers. I repeat the same “It is on it” message.

Ken comes in my office as he has to leave a bit early anyway and says jesse will make the build. after I get my part done after the network comes up.

Greg comes in and repeats what ken says and gives me his phone number. I tell my office partners “Jessee must be on his way.”

Sure enough, a couple minutes later poor Jesse walks in my office and all three of us crack up. We had to fill him in on the joke.

This is normal. It cracks my office partners up how many people stop by my office asking about or giving me information about builds. Half the time it is just “When is ... going to be ready.” Buyt there are quite a few days I get the 8 boss thing from Office Space.

Will pick up the pieces from home over the VPN.

No comments: