It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2013-04-25

Notes


I feel fantastic today. Not sure if it is the past couple days, or if I’m actually better than I’ve been in a long while.

Today, I had to pull a bunch of drives out of old computers. Some of them are particularly old. They make funny noises. I can tell the bearings are going out on some of them, but some just sound like a diesel engine normally. Then, out of the blue, it will make a thump or clang or something. I check the process and no errors. one of them banged when it was unplugged. They normally just click. Nothing like mechanical devices to worry about.

it cracks me up how difficult it is to disassemble old computers. The new systems are so freaking easy to pull drives and power supplies compared to the old stuff. Not one of the new systems needed a screwdriver for simple disassembly. Every single one of the old systems needed to be pried apart and metal parts bent. The worse were the systems between the two. I would start working and pulling and messing about and figure out there was a handle behind the bracket that was hidden that would have made it let go.

No comments: