It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2013-02-08

Notes

My most recent video has had 2 views. It doesn’t matter how many subscribers you have. I have 60 I think. It doesn’t matter about thumbs up or how many comments you get on your videos. What matters is how many people watch your videos. Funny that.

My badge at work is already coming apart. I kept my old company badge, even heavier than the new one, in my wallet so it never got banged around. The new one, I wear all the time and the metal connector is pulling the lanyard connector hole in odd directions. The plastic will give way. I already have plans to drill a hole to replace it. Hopefully, I will not kill the RFID part of the card. The stupid strip of plastic that holds the lanyard on at the moment is just a bad design. It gets stressed very easily.

I remember my father telling me he didn’t want a computer at the house because he didn’t want to work on one all day long and them come home and have to deal with one there all evening. To me they are  two different things. I breath at work I breath at home. They are not the same air it seems. Does that make any sense?

I use multiple desktops, even on windows. I find a way. I cannot do my job without them. Today it took me five minutes to hunt down why a program had locked up. A dialog screen had popped up on the back of one of my rarely used desktops. I nearly panicked.

One of the things we have to do at work far too often is clear our browser cache. We have a single login mess going on that kills our web pages over the VPN. This is normal. the concept of single login, which is a misnomer, is flawed. If timestamps go off, or you look away for 30 seconds, the machine forgets who you are. It is difficult to tell the machine you just need the one page or domain cookies and settings blown away. You end up losing all of them and basically starting your day over again signing in to 35 web pages.

No comments: