It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2013-02-12

Lunch conversation

Oh, my God! today was a hell of a day for lunch conversation. I wish I had taken notes.

  • Police
    • Adam almost getting shot because the police thought I was a murderer.
    • Local news stories about DNA clearing people who were convicted of bullshit.
    • That cop in LA who has gotten normal cops to shoot innocent civilians.
    • Couple stories about getting tickets for bullshit reasons.
    • “Never get out of the car during a traffic stop.”
  • News
    • How bulllshit fact checking is and the different levels of bullshit on the different kinds of news reporting.
    • How bullshit the internet is in general.
    • Selection bias online news, but the net in general as well.
    • How you can’t argue with people over childhood immunizations because they are religious about it even if they are atheists.
    • Human brains are wired to believe rather than learn.
  • YouTube
    • My videos. One of the guys’s wives thinks he is nuts for watching my videos. I told him that is OK because my wife thinks I’m nuts for putting them up.
    • Local news items are easier to find on YouTube than on local news.
    • The story behind the 300 hits counter on YouTube.
  • Home
    • Deep Fried Popcorn (google it)
    • The etymology of chicken fried steak
    • Luby’s mack and cheese
    • Mack and cheese in a box not being allowed to call it cheese over a lawsuit.
    • Most of us guys have so dry skin we have to use hand cream or bleed.
  • Gaming as in board games, not video games
  • Kids experimenting with soap (ask Adam)

I’ve forgotten a bunch of stuff. There were a couple times conversations split across the table and I wanted to follow both ends.

Noticably absent

  • TV shows
  • Video games
  • Weather, except as part of a bigger story.

Banner day for lunch conversation.

We went to Blackeyed Pea. I had Chicken fried chicken with jalapeno gravy and five biscuits with two corn bread squares. I had a glass of water.

No comments: