It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-09-15

Notes:

Peter Commings was fined and banned from working for a financial services in London. He claims he did what everyone else was doing. It was the way business was done. Some wonder why he is not in jail. Others wonder why the financial authorities bothered. They interviewed some guy who tried to blow the whistle on the back in question several years ago. He basically had two fingers worth of comment to the industry.

Did you know that a knuckle out peace sign in the UK is like flipping someone the bird in the U. S.? Hence the statement above “Two fingers worth of comment”.

Listening to union negotiations on a BBC audiocast makes me want to vomit. The union people sound like communists and the employers (government in this case) sounds like a dictatorship. The two are not mutually exclusive if I’m honest.

Then there is that moment when you grab a drink expecting a cool slug of soda and get a cool slug of unsweetened coffee from earlier that morning. I drink my coffee black at work. I’m used to the taste, even after it is past its sell by minute. Still, it is the expectation that gets me. I nearly spit it across the room when this kind of thing happens and I don’t expect it.

One of the Dell 1 U systems we have got stuck today. That is, the top (lid) got stuck on the box. I had to use a screwdriver to pry the lid along the path that is needs in order to take the lid off. This is the worse one so far. I remember that I had to do something like this when first setting up some of the systems. I don’t think we are doing anything wrong. I think it is just out of tolerance.

No comments: