It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-09-18

More on Google Drive/Docs

Another complaint about google docs (google drive) editor is the highlight color. It is sort of a faint blue on white. I have a very hard time seeing it. I can kind of make out, but have a difficult time figuring out if I have exactly the text selected that I want I have found nothing in the google help even close to helping me change the color.

There are all kinds of issues with this editor. The settings are consistent across the document and other editors.The system is still useful for me. However, if something better comes along I will have to take all this in to consideration. I wish there were some way to complain, but I haven’t found that web page either. I just need more contrast. That is apparently too much to ask.

The solution for this apparently is to use a different editor and store your files on Google Drive. That’s great, but this does not allow the whole idea of editing on multiple computer simultaneously as I like. I can leave the document open on several computers and edit or post as I wish without issues of conflicts from one to the other. Or, forgetting to copy the file to the Google Drive before I leave. This is one of those issues that was far more stressful than I thought.

That and page breaks still piss me off. I don’t need page breaks any more if I’m honest. Let them happen after I hit print. It drives me nuts when a page break inserts extra space in a paragraph of breaks a table apart. It makes me worry what will happen when I paste said items elsewhere. Nothing seems to happen, but worry every time.

No comments: