It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-09-04

A friend’s party

Link to picture

A buddy of mine had a “new grill party” party last night. He got this funky new grill that looks like some kind of
dinosaur egg. It is huge, but doesn’t look like it in the pictures. I’m not sure what the advantage is with this grill, but the steaks were awesome.

Everything was awesome. Even the pies that Nat and I got at Fiesta were awesome. The kids were awesome (until bed time). The grownups were awesome. I didn’t even know most of the people there and had a great time.

I learned about the party on Friday I think. Maybe it was Saturday. The part was on Monday afternoon. Monday was Labor Day on the U. S. and our company gets the day off. We don’t get many days off so we tend to make the best of them as they come along.

Adam and Laurie’s little girl loved pulling on my beard. Fortunately, it is short so she could not get a real hand old. She giggled and smiled and pulled. Nat even commented that she was quite privileged because I don’t typically go out of my way to hld babies. I’m afraid of breaking them. That little girl tried to climb up my head. Laurie said this is her thing. She is going to be an early walker.

Over the evening, I had two and a half glasses of wine. I ate a full steak. A great steak. Between these two things, I expected to have a hangover, yes, I’m that much of a light weight. I also expected a gout attack. I didn’t have the former and have not yet felt the latter. I’m hoping to skip both and just call it a win. I haven’t had that much fun in a long time.

No comments: