It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-08-08

The Religion of Kelly

L Ron Hubbard once said "The real money is in making your own religion."

Once, a while back, I asked God "God, which is the correct religion? What really matters?" I got an answer. This following words popped in to my head as matter of fact as any thought in my life. "Everything matters"

That is the name of my religion. Everything Matters. It is a complete thought. It is even a complete sentence. It is the truth in science. and it is my mantra.

I have been listening to Penn Gillette probably more than I should here lately. I need to come up with my own religion. I'm trying to come up with rules. That is what religion is all about isn't it? Rules and control are the name of the game. My real thing when it comes to religion is that I believe very much in God, but not at all in religion.

Rules

  • Afterlife
    • You go to the same place you were before your were born. Was it so bad then?
    • You are currently in a body. The body dies. You do not.
  • Treating other people
    • Be careful because everything matters.
  • Reward and punishment
    • Be careful because everything matters.
  • Sins
    • Be careful because everything matters.

Do you get a trend here? What happens when you do whatever Kelly? Well, there are no freebies. Everything you do matters in some way. Everything has consequences. I have to breath to keep this body alive. Every breath I take affects the world that little bit. It matters. That breath might do harm to someone else. I am expected to take care of this body. I am expected to breath. It still matters.

Will there be punishment if I do something wrong? Yes, just like there will be reward if you do something right. Or, maybe not. The universe or fate or circumstance or chance or God or whatever you call it makes the choice, not you.

No comments: