It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-08-08

Notes:

2012-08-07

They mowed. I noticed it yesterday morning while Nat was giving me a ride in. I enjoyed it this morning. The tall grass isn't so bad. It is the heather stuff that grabs your feet after it gets past 20c or so high. That stuff is dangerous.

The lunch conversation today consisted of people being violent toward each other, stake tar tar, one of the local lunch groups, and the Olympics. Not much else going on. Did head out and shoot some vlog.

I'm only just now getting used to doing every day work on laptops again. At my old company, I had laptops along with everyone else. I did use a keyboard and external monitors to get my job done. These days, I use the laptop at the house without an additional monitor. Same at work. I use a desktop for most work and a laptop for the over lap stuff and as a media player. This is the way the world is going. The day you can't find a classic desktop is coming.

We have a USB DVD drive at work. Every week someone barrows it because a bunch of our systems don't have CD or DVD drives. They might need to burn A CD or DVD as well. It has a habit of vanishing. This time, one of the new guys has taken it upon himself to track it down. How awesome. Most of the developers just say "sorry" and stick their nose back on the screen. This is refreshing. It won't last.

2012-08-08

Excuse: No internet last night. No uploads of vlogs or blogs. Get over it. It isn't like that many people are reading or viewing these things. Thank you for being one of the people who do.

Banksters; All these asshole big bank executives breaking laws. I heard this on NPR which means I should have heard it elsewhere before this point.

There are a couple new people at work who brought their phones in. They want to use them as internet machines. I don't really care except they want me to provide a cable and a monitor. Screw that. With our internet policy that is currently in place I shouldn't let them use the damn things, much less provide them with help.

There was a story on NPR about down town London. The big push for the Olympics was all about how much money it was going to bring in to the area. It was supposed to be a bonanza of economic wonderment. Instead, people are avoiding the entire area like the plague. Parts of London's retail areas are ghost towns. People don't want to get in the way of all the security. Many businesses are going under because they planned for heavy traffic and have none. Between the congestion tax and check points for security, I cannot believe anyone thought it would be any different. I would stay away as well.

Another story on NPR was about the nightmare in Cuba for small business enraptures. If you start making money, the local government comes in and just takes it all away from you and shuts you down. Unless, I suppose, if they have skin in the game.

One of the bus drivers gave me a complement on my chair. He said it was smart to carry one of those little camp chairs around.

We had an outage this afternoon at work. It took people calling in to alert us because we were all doing other stuff. I thought about combining a WIFI enabled switch with a bubble gum light to better alert us in the future. Mark suggested a sound looping mechanism that blares Star Trek red alert. Just a thought.

No comments: