It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-04-04

Loss of a friend

I blogged about using an online aggregater for my podcasts as apposed to using a piece of software. This really saved me last night. I had a half day of work. I went to my parent's place and had a great visit with some family in town. I went home and was able to collapse without having to download and deal with podcasts. This was wonderful because tomorrow (Thursday) is a big day. This is more than a convenience because my podcasts keep me sane at work.

Why in the world would I start a blog post about loosing a friend with that paragraph? Because life has to go on. Before I get past the loss of my friend though, I must grieve. I must remember.

Tex was a funny guy. He was a serious guy. He was Witty in that redneck way. He was a good friend who would show up when he could to help. He showed me a good place to get chicken fried stake. He invited me in to his home. We hung out together. We chased girls together. We played CB tag once or twice. We had fun.

Tex gave me a ride to the eye doctor once. I ended up buying him a pare of glasses.

Tex is gone, but will never be forgotten.

For the last couple years, I have noticed Tex deteriorating. I wish he had taken better care of himself. I and others asked him about it. He basically wanted to live a normal life and not live like someone who had all the health problems. I believe in the rights of the individual to live the way they want if it hurts no one else. That doesn't make me mis him any less.

No comments: