It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-03-28

Perfect storm of morning distractions

My bed was just too inviting.
There was plenty of very hot water.
The cats were cute.
My wife was kind on my way out the door.

The walk was quiet.
The bus was prompt.
The bus stop was dry.
The light let me cross the street.

The elevator took me straight to my floor.
The coffee was already made.
The water cooler was cold.
My boots held no mud.

My coworkers said good morning.

Post script

What inspired this "poem" was my need to get a new water jug for the water cooler this morning. It took many too many steps because I also needed to stop and find a cup and a pill for my headache. I needed to sit down my coffee and I stopped to say good morning to a coworker. For all that inspiration, not much of it ended up in the bit above.

No comments: